Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Green Shirt Day

So yesterday was Earth Day. What a great idea. Raise awareness, get people involved, give some project funding for earth friendly activities, wear a green shirt....

Wear a green shirt? What does that have to do with Earth day? My point exactly!

Yesterday....workplace....wear a green shirt and receive a special earth day gift. Woohoo. Now tell me again what wearing a green shirt has to do with Earth Day?
So I arrive at work, not wearing a green shirt as I don't have any, and when I asked what the special gift was I was asked where my green shirt was!

My response....I wash in cold water, I hang my clothes on the line, I compost all vegetable materials, I don't use fertilizers and my whole garden and lawn is pesticide free! NOW GIVE ME MY GIFT!

Happy earth day :)



Something to ponder: There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew. ~Marshall McLuhan, 1964

No comments: